StoreGrid Forum

Customer Premiss Server Application

Vembu StoreGrid: Online backup software for Service Providers, SMBs & ROBOs

Customer Premiss Server Application

Postby fortastor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:29 pm

I was interested in providing my customers a hardware based solution which will integrate the (Custom Branded) Vembu software.
Is there any plans to bring back FreeBSD or another OS with a small footprint, that can be integrated into a simple install package? (Need to have the server and application install on a SD card, and the storage to attach via eSATA or USB)

Would this be of any interest to you or others. My goal is to be able to have customers download an ISO image, or purchase a branded hardware appliance that is preconfigured with the software. User will be responsible for some basic configuration like networking information from a LCD window and/or web interface. The LCD must also provide status and controls for the backup status and hardware. :?

The Vembu install will need to be a single customer install only and not a reseller. Configuration will need to easily setup for distribution model.
fortastor

Re: Customer Premiss Server Application

Postby vidhya » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi fortastor,

We currently don't have any plans to do this. The primarily reason been we don't have enough demand from our partners to do this. We have had few similar requests from partners to load StoreGrid on NAS devices and we haven't got to that either for the same reason.

Vidhya
vidhya

Return to StoreGrid Discussions